Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 1

So I started my week-of-no-TV today and day 1 went pretty well.  Instead of watching the Today Show in my room with a bowl of cereal, I sat at the table with my laptop and read the Wall Street Journal while Tristan sat next to me.  Hayden played a math game on his Didj and we all had a nice quiet morning.  It was a nice change of pace. 

This afternoon we spent time with friends outside, so TV wasn’t even on my radar until it was time to come inside at 4pm.  I had about 30 minutes to kill before I took Hayden to chess class and what I really wanted to do was veg out in front of Oprah and eat some of the chocolate chip cookies that Tristan and I baked yesterday.  Instead however, Tristan and I sat down on the floor and put three puzzles together (and I ate blueberries). 

Now that the kids are in bed (not sure if they’re asleep yet) I am going to add one more rule for the week and that is to allow myself to watch The Tudors with Olivier (we rented it from Blockbuster and it has to be returned by Monday- so if I don’t watch it, it’s money wasted and we don’t want that now do we?).

Tomorrow is Saturday.  (long pause here).  Not sure how I’m going to handle the hysteria that will take place when I tell the kids no cartoons in the morning.  Maybe I will bribe them with an outing for chocolate croissants.

No comments:

Post a Comment