Monday, February 22, 2010

Tristan the Baker

Tristan and I do a lot of baking together; mainly chocolate chip cookies aka "Wookie Cookies” which were inspired by our Star Wars cookbook.  When we aren’t baking for real, he likes to play with his kitchen set, making us dinner, birthday cakes, or coffee. 

A friend of mine gives her kids cotton balls to play with, so to help with his creativity I gave Tristan some to use in his “cooking” but they ended up pulled apart strewn about the apartment.  Of course that didn’t  work so out well with me and my excessive need for things to be clean and in place.  So last night I decided to let him use a Costco sized bag of Dove chocolates for his imaginary baking.  (The rule was he could play with them, NOT eat them- and he abided).  That kid played all night with those silly chocolates- and Hayden even joined in.  I’m glad we put the chocolates (which have been sitting in my pantry since Christmas) to good use. 

2010-02-16 Kids bedroom 003 

2010-02-16 Kids bedroom 005

2010-02-16 Kids bedroom 010

2010-02-16 Kids bedroom 011

2010-02-16 Kids bedroom 013

No comments:

Post a Comment