Monday, March 15, 2010

More Baked Goods

There is a fantastic French bakery down the street from us (appropriately called The French Bakery) and Olivier and I spend enough money there that we had to create a separate category for it in Quicken.  Olivier and Hayden’s favorite is the Pain du Campaign, Tristan’s is brioche, and mine is the apricot brioche…or strawberry croissants… or palmier…oh I can’t decide.  Last week I decided that this almost daily habit was becoming too expensive (it wasn’t even a decision on my part really, just reality) and thought “hey, I could make this stuff myself.”  Ha Ha Ha.  I tried and was somewhat successful but my bread baking will never replace that of The French Bakery.  I’ll keep trying but in the meantime we’ll just have to give up heating our apartment to offset the cost of the bakery habit (it’s almost summer anyway, right?).  Below are pictures of the brioche.  They look beautiful and they were edible but even Tristan said he like the ones from the bakery better (little snob). 

2009-03-17 054

2009-03-17 056

2 comments:

  1. They look soooo good! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it... I love reading and I love chairs. Two great things that go great together!!! Their is no greater gift to instill in children then a love of reading. And good associations with reading (LIke say in a really cool chair), is way more then the price of the chair and beyond!

    3 cheers for reading!

    ReplyDelete